Board Secretary Volunteer
Volunteer Job Description
Title: Board Secretary
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Virtual/ At BYHP offices
Start date: TBA
Hours: Approx. 3 per month (last Thursday of the month)
• Attend monthly BYHP Board of Trustees meetings
• Take minutes of meetings, detailing key points, decisions and actions
• Issue minutes of meetings in timely manner using template provided, via email
Hours of Work
• Approx. 3 hours monthly for the meeting plus time to write up and issue minutes.
Due to the sensitive & sometimes confidential nature of the meetings the person must be highly trustworthy, discrete, and reliable.
This role would suit someone who is interested in the workings of a small charity and whose communication skills, spoken, written and listening are strong and well-developed.
Skills / Abilities Required
• Listening skills
• Note taking skills – shorthand / touch typing skills may be useful
• Able to concisely summarise discussions into key points
• Flexibility and patience
For more information or an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Garden Volunteer
Come and join the BYHP team!
We are always appreciative of support at BYHP, and love having new team members. We are currently creating a community garden, a safe wellness space for our young people and the local community to spend time outdoors.
If you would like to get involved with the gardening or garden maintenance, please contact our fundraising & Communications Officer: